Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Layer Love" Lesson #3 and a Couple Discoveries!

This is my finished lesson #3 ready to add some journaling and /or collage.



I decided to buy a sample box of Golden paints because the Windsor Newton paint I was using just wasn't looking quite right. Under the paint tubes I discovered a nice big color chart and history of the company.


I realised this color chart was a mixing guide!
It shows how to mix almost every color Golden makes!
O-MA-GAWD!
I won't need to go buy all the colors that I wanted for this workshop!
These paints are expensive pretty little buggers!



For example Julie is using Burnt Umber in the lesson and my little box didn't include Burn Umber. Sooo, I'll make Burnt Umber by mixing 4 pts Quinacridone Magenta, 8 pts Hansa Yellow Medium, and 1 pt Pthalo Green, which all came in the sample box!



My other discovery was that using a paper plate to mix my paint on was wasting the paint. The plate was too absorbent and sucked up the paint too fast. So, I mixed my paint on a plastic baggie until I can get a proper paint mixing pallet.
Oh yes...
MUCH BETTER!



Finished!




Geeze that was hard work , it pooped out Wiggles!
Have a great hair day! Becci

Post a Comment