Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I will clean my plate


I will clean my plate of all the reasons I've made up to not get close to others. I have pushed friends I had away, I have pushed people who I know would like to be my friend away. When my Mom died I must have subconsciously decided to never let anyone into my space and to never love some one that much ever again! I think I remember feeling this way a little even when I was in grade school when 2 of my best friends moved away... Anyway, I am conscious of this about myself now and see the craziness of not nurturing my friendships and cherishing them.

So...I will clean my plate of all my excuses.

Has anyone else done this to themselves after losing their Mom, or a dear friend or a pet?


Have a great hair day! Becci

PS. Actually - my husband and my 2 sons came along before this subconscious thing I must have decided and I love my family very very much and show it every chance I get! But I have to say my grandson Bryce came along after my Mom died and as you all know I love him very very much too! I remember while holding him when he was about 2 weeks old it was then that my love for him hit me like a ton of bricks - the love I felt at that moment for this child was so intensely strong!
I looked into his eyes and told him that
I am giving him my heart forever!



Love, Becci
Post a Comment