Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hair care product diversion

Hello Everyone—Those of us who loathe product diversion scored a sweet victory early last week, when “Good Morning America” aired a Consumer Report focused on professional hair product diversion. If you didn’t catch it, the segment warned consumers about the dangers of purchasing diverted products at unauthorized outlets. The report revealed the “Three C’s” of doing so—these products are often COUNTERFEIT, CONTAMINATED and (here’s the best part) they actually COST more than they do in salons. We got tons of emails from industry pros who saw the report and were thrilled because they felt that salon clients were getting the truth at last. The next time your client tells you that she buys her professional product at the corner CVS or Target, be sure to let her know about the three “Cs.” It’s a great way to help her understand that diverted products are no bargain!

2 comments:

An Intuitive one said...

Wow,
Becki oddly as it may seem you and I sound are alot alike. My name is Sam and I live in SanDiego,Ca. I just love your ambition. I too am a grandma and raised 3 children as a single mom. My youngest will be a Senior in high school.
I began my career in the Beauty Industry in 1991,still going strong in 2008.
After reading your blog on product diversion I knew I must comment. I have also written several blogs concerning this same battle.
The last 6 years I have been an outside sales rep for several major distrubtors. I am all to familiar with this subject. Very passionate as well. I have been working for almost a year now on gathering articles,information, even written letters to Ca State Board asking for assistance.
I would like to thank you for supporting our industry and hope you continue until there is a significant change. Now if everyone would join in on this crusade when could move the hugest stones.
I resigned from my position as a outsales rep who worked for a major manufactor only selling their brand. Prior to my employment I reported a former employer/distrubtor for Diverting Professional Haircare Products.I reported these findings directly to the manufactor themselves. Things are changing unfortunately it does take time. I only ask that everyone supports our industry with as much passion and hope as you. After reporting my findings I have had to change my life in many ways. When you are responsible for affecting a loss of $$$$ for any company or corporation things tend to change a bit. The following as occured since my info was reported to the manufactor. Distrubtors franchises have been audited, diversion % had dropped drastically,and currently in ligation.
I hope in end that the truth comes out. Major brands could be lost and moved to where they belonged at last. The manufactor is no more responsible for diversion than we are. Thank you again. I will make it a habit to check your blogs from here on out!

Angel of hope,
SanDiego, Ca

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Good Morning America had that on! But the other day I was in Wal-MART, and they had all kinds of Sexy Brand products and they werent any higher than the normal retail. That really up set me.