Saturday, May 10, 2008

Arrived at the Show

I was looking over the agenda for the Fashion Focus conference and Goldwell's Trend Zoom presentation to try to get an idea what this event is all about. This is the first "out of state" hair show I've gone to so I had no idea what to expect. In my mind these events are such a big deal. I guess I feel that way because of all the trade magazines I read from cover to cover. Magazines want to sell so they purposely kick their stories and pictures up a notch or two emphasizing how much fun and excitement was going on and if you weren't there then you're missing it all and "what's wrong with you?" They really know how to glamorize every thing and ever one!

After looking over the list of classes I began to get the feeling that this was going to be similar to the Peel's Beauty Supply conference we use to have here in Wichita. Which was fun and I was very comfortable going to...I wish they still had them here. I'm not sure why they stopped putting on the shows here for us, most likely the cost or there just wasn't enough support from the hairdressers.

Back to my thought here. All week I've gone to sleep at 10:30ish and kept waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 every morning full of energy! (I usually wake up at 9:00 I know, I'm a sleeper) :-) anyway, that's just not me - I wish it could be though! I'm more excited OK, nervous about this trip not because of it being my first out of state conference but because early this week I realized one of the presenters (for another company not Goldwell) was a person who lives here in Wichita. That would have been so great but I recently had an experience with this person that was semi life changing for me! OK, it was a lot of a change for me! At first and on the surface the situation was awful but in reality this was really a very good change for me and I learned a ton! It wasn't what I was expecting to learn but really good stuff none the less! Anyway, I was super nervous to possibly have to confront this person even though I really wanted to and felt I really needed to. Confrontation is tough (although it feels so good after the fact). As this all turned out this person and I didn't visit at all. If I'm not mistaking I really think this person was actually avoiding me! He was not wanting to confront me at all! I am shocked because I thought he was so professional and really had it all together! I had respected this person so much but not so much now...
The Fashion Focus was a very good show and had lots of good look & learn type classes. I spent most of my time in the Goldwell classes ~1 because I really like their new trends and ~2 they paid my way! HA! Anyway, Goldwell is all about "opposites" right now...warm & cool together, long & short, old & new etc. The presenters were very good and very open to answering questions with the audience. They weren't just up there to be on stage for themselves they were truly there for us! Neat!

Above is the show room floor. Many companies in the beauty industry have booths to show demonstrate their latest products.

I was thrilled to see so many cute cowgirl boots in Nashville! The girls wear them with dresses, shorts, jeans, dress pants and they were all so cute!

Waiting for the class to begin...It was a big turn out but it was very open and friendly.
There was lots of visiting and laughing. Every one was comfortable and having so much fun!
The lady next to me in the green coat was so nice and I never got her name, I really wish I did!
Fashion Focus in Nashville was a very good show and had lots of good look & learn type classes. I spent most of my time in the Goldwell classes 1 because I like their new trends and 2 they paid my way! HA! Anyway, Goldwell is all about "opposites" right now...warm & cool together, long& short, old & new etc. The presenters were very good and very open to answering questions with the audience. They just weren't up there to be on stage for themselves they were truly there for us! Neat! I'm not a country music fan but I loved every bit of Nashville and I loved listening to the music ive at the dinners! I have such an open mind now!
The next two pics below are of the Goldwell presenters.


Have a great hair day! Becci

No comments: