Sunday, August 22, 2010

Slight Body to Maximum Volume for Your Hair Style

Weather you choose to use a curling iron, a round brush & blow dryer or rollers… there is one steadfast rule of thumb to remember.


If you hold the section of hair that is to be curled at a 90 degree angle or straight out from your head no matter where your section is on your head you will get curl and volume. If you hold it at a 45 degree angle you will have curl and medium volume and if it’s held at a 0 degree angle you will have curl but no volume. Ok, say you’d like more than the 90 degree high volume. Hold that section at a 135 degree angle for higher volume or at a 180 degree angle for the highest volume. This applies to every section you‘re going to curl.
Have a great hair day!  Becci

Questions? Just ask... :-)


6 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

I've been feeling flat in my crown..no matter how short or how much texturizing is back there...weather?

Unknown said...

Hi Julie!
You're about the only one who comments on my actual blog page! I get comments but they show up on my Facebook blog only. When it's posted to my FB page the link goes right here to my There is No Box page...??? I don't think people get blogs, do you...

Flat hair? Yes the shorter the layers the fluffier you'll be but another thought could be that you might not need to use conditioner -if you are. Your hair might be too healthy? We all love shiny soft healthy hair but it doesn't style for shit-ola! If you have tangle troubles then apply the conditioner just to the ends and keep it off the top of your head. I also found a product that's way over the top called "Dust It" the Swarzkopf company makes it. It's a powder and it textures up your hair like crazy with out being sticky. Sprinkle just a very fine dusting at the root area in your crown taking partings then rub it around with your finger tips a little. Great stuff!

I see you are rocking the Ning! :-)
Have a great hair day! Becci

quick house sale said...

Very much surprized on the articles. Great work!

Laine Didi Lina said...

Nice article!

Anonymous said...

Sweet web site, I hadn't noticed beccirenfro.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Anne M Bray said...

Great chart. I'm a new fan via Pinterest.
Some day, I will drive through your city and get you to work on my hair sculpture!