Monday, August 10, 2009

Tousled Barrel

I think this is such a pretty hairstyle.
Although these pictures I found here are on long hair this can be done on shorter hair as well.
Give it a try...

Before you curl your hair you will need to get the softness of your freshly cleaned hair textured up. Use a styling mousse on your hair before you blow it dry then after it's good and dry use a light hairspray or setting spray to further prepare your hair.
I use Aquage Finishing Spray to do this. This really helps to hold your curls in.
Spray the product into your hair then comb it out smooth.
Spray it again to build up the texture if you have heavy hair or hair that is resistant to curls.
Here I'm using a 1 1/4" curling iron (I think). An 1 1/2" iron is a good size too.
Remember that the bigger the iron, the bigger the curls.



See how I didn't roll the hair all the way to the scalp and how I leave the ends of the strand out.



I curl some of the strands forward and some back to give more interest to the waves.

After you get all your hair curled lightly comb through and tousle the curls with your fingers.

I use the Aquage Molding Paste or Illuminating Gelade
to smooth, separate and define each curl.
Then I will give it an overall spray with the "Finishing Spray" to hold it.
Have a great hair day!

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

hair tutorial!! LOVE IT

I never realized how much to build product up before I try to curl it... I'm going to try this on my short hair soon!

Unknown said...

Yes,the product build up is important. Remember that your hair is the fabric you're working with, if it's too soft and limp add a starch or stiffener(gels, mousse,hairspray)or if you have stiff course fabric then add a fabric softener(shine sprays or silicone based serums}...

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This article couldn't be written any better! Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I'll send this post to him.
Fairly certain he's going to have a great read. Thank you for sharing!

Feel free to surf to my weblog - coaching youth baseball