Sunday, May 24, 2009

Layer Love Lesson 2

I glued a page from an old dictionary to my painting and like the result of that.
But the rest of the painting looks better in this pic than it does in real life. In reality it's very dark and very dull and I don't like it at all! So instead of getting upset and feeling like I'm not so perfect I decided to take the advice of an old friend who is a famous professional artist...He said just tear it up or shred it if you don't like your finished piece (he really does this I know because I've seen his shreeded pieces in the trash!) Don't ever worry over it just learn from it and go on.

So I tore it up!

I decided to keep the collage piece because it in reality looks neat. I'll use it in another collage project someday...


The rest of it is in the trash!
Who wants to bet that in the morning I'll be trash diggin'? I'm just that way!

5 comments:

suzanengler said...

Love your work. I applaud your ability to take the parts of your painting that you don't like and throw them away.

Wish we could do that with parts of real life!

I bet you come up with some creative iteas for the discarded bits and do go trash can diving! Enjoy lesson 3, I am having so much fun learning from Julie and all of you.

Suzan

Julie said...

well....LOL I'm glad you kept some of it for later...I hardly ever work with purple...so hard for me.

Hope you guys are having some fun today!

Carol Leigh said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and now here I am at yours . . . LOVED seeing you rip that painting apart! I, too, am enjoying the Layer Love classes. Since I know NOTHING about painting, everything's new and everything's fun. If it's garbage, I simply photograph it and use it in my photomontages. Recycling the garbage -- going green! -- Carol Leigh

Evangeline said...

Hi Becci! Sorry your painting didn't work out the way you wanted it to...but I bet it felt great to be free from it and just to bin it! I like the bit you saved for collage.

Carmen said...

I hope you dug those out of the trash and use them to collage onto another piece!!! lol