Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How to make PERFECT lumpy Cream of Wheat

My Mom never did care about reading directions much less follow a recipe
and when it came to making our hot cereal this was no different! SoOOOooo
we always had lumpy oat meal, Cream of Wheat, Malto-Meal ...
What's funny about this is I LOVE LUMPY HOT CEREALS! The lumpier the better!

To do this on purpose takes a bit of practice.

The most important thing to remember is that you
always add the cereal to the boiling milk,
never to cold milk!

Add the Cream of Wheat to the boiling milk and then don't stir it right away, wait just a minute, turn the heat down and then stir so it doesn't burn.
This is going to make some good lumps!

Oh yes, this is
PERFECT!



Top it of with some butter and sugar and enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks mmmm, mmmm good. I kind of like lumpiness in my hot cereal, too. But I just couldn't use milk in it, because something about the smell/taste of boiling milk makes me gag. And I've gotta have lots of salt in it, yum yum luv salty hot cereal!

That is FUNNY about the jockey elastic thing! hahaha! I'm always retrieving stuff from my family's and friends waste baskets, thinking "Hey, this could be used for something!"

Laura Kay said...

uuummm ! That's the way I like to eat it too!! The more lumps the better. I will have to remember the tip of adding it to the boiling milk and not to stir right away. I usuall make it in the microwave! I add a little milk to cool it and 1 lump of brown sugar.

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson

Anonymous said...

Lumps are the best!

jimmyd750 said...

Humpty, pronounced with an "umpty", likes it lumpy too.