Monday, October 01, 2012

Dick Smiths Basic 3D Makeup Course Part 1 - Making the Life Mask

First I made a mold with alginate (the stuff the dentist uses to make molds of your teeth) of Johns face and then I cast it in plaster to make my first life mask. The net step is to clean up the plaster face a it around the nose and mouth then I'll begin sculpting the character with clay onto the life mask, then this will be cast with a gelatin and made in to a gel prosthetic that will be applied to Johns real face. Since I made the mold of his face the prosthetic will fit him perfectly - that's the idea anyway!

John's kind of funny putting his glasses on the life mask!



Oh BoY!

2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

My brother-in-law once made artwork with a plaster mask of my sister...this reminds me of it. Looks like interesting work and also like you really did a good job with the mask.

the cheapest new car said...

what mask nice one work friend