Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Wichita Art Museum Art Doll Demonstration

We were invited back by the museum to give another demonstration
on how we make our sculpted Art Dolls.
Our Art Dolls are sculpted with a ploymer clay
and have needle sculpted soft bodies.
They are all one of a kind with no moulds ever used
I make all my own patterns and sew their costumes.

Click on each photo if you'd like to see a large view of the Art Dolls





While we were doing our demo and visiting with everyone,
Enya was playing over the sound system and
we sat under the "Confetti Chandelier" by Dale Chihuly,
which is part of the Wichita Art Museum's collection in here in Wichita Kansas
We met lots of new people, and visited

with good friends we hadn't seen in years!


It was such a beautiful afternoon!

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

WOW What a venue! Wish I could have joined you guys... Happy Thanksgiving, Becci- your hair looks GREAT.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your dolls are AMAZING!! I can't believe that lady doll with her very tasteful outfit (that sweater is great on her!), and smoking a cigarette, too! And the Native American doll is gorgeous. Amazing craftsmanship! I was going to ask if that is a Chihuly hanging there, but you already answered me. Oh, and I Love Enya's music.

xo
Serena

P.S. NOt having good hair days. My roots are showing big time!! Going for a touch up this week.