Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Art Journaling

I found a new Yahoo group, that seems pretty neat...so I joined it. I am ready for a new challenge. Something to stimulate my mind, my creativity and my soul. In a positive way I might add, thank you very much!

Blah, blah, blah. Blah blah blah blah blah, blah. You know what I mean, don't you? :-)

I decided to start with the new Soul Journal prompt called:
Soul Journal - Instant Gratification
The link above is the tutorial I followed if you'd like to go and give it a try too.
This is what I came up with

At the time I was in the "mood" all I had with me is my black pen and sketch pad. I'd like to try it with collage and color next time.

I love the looks of this style of art journal-ing.

How fun is that!

Have a great hair day! Becci

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool page, Becci!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous page. I just love it. Welcome to the Soul Journal group. Hugs.

Kathryn Costa said...

I love it! Great job. Your details are magnificent. You've inspired me to pick up my journal!

Linda said...

Great page Becci. I love how the text makes up the hair.

Jane B. said...

I'm glad you've joined the group! I know you've stopped by my blog before; glad to stop by yours! You have a real talent with the pen and ink drawing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I LIKE this! This sounds completely do-able. I need to break free from the perfectionist in me. I need to let that inner-child loose to play again.

I like what you did with this. Her eyes look like chameleon eyes!

Jacqueline said...

Becci, I "LOVE" it!!!! I've clicked on the link for the tutorial but can't get to the webpage. Could you email the link to me?

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful artwork! What a treat!!!

((((((Hugs))))))
~Jacqui

Unknown said...

The link aboove is gone now but you can find and join the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrueNorthArts/